Soil Conditioner is the natural way to put life back into poor performing soil.
This mature peat free mixture has been finely screened to create a friable product rich in nutrients and organic matter. Summerhill Lawns soil conditioner has an excellent appearance which also makes it ideal for use as a mulch.
Specification’s of Summerhill Lawns Soil Conditioner are;
- Finely Screene
- Excellent finished appearance
- Peat free
- Available all year round
- Consistent high quality
- Easy to work with
The use of Summerhill Lawns soil conditioner as a mulch will greatly improve structure and fertility to enhance your landscaping scheme as well as providing an excellent dark brown finished appearance.
Key Benefits of using Summerhill Lawns Soil Conditioner are:
- Enhances Soil structure making it easier to work.
- Introduces active organic matter, which is dynamic to soil health
- Improves nutrient, water and air holding capacity
- Slowly releases essential plant nutrients and reduces the need for other inputs.
- Reduces the risk of plant failure
- Provides food for soil microbes which cycle nutrients and fight plant diseases
- Easy to spread, barrow and work with.
- Extends plant life in periods of drought by helping to retain moisture
- Improved Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) resulting in greater uptake of nutrients.
Delivery Options and Coverage
Size 1 cubic metre bag
10 – 20 tonne tipper loads
Coverage 1 m3 = 40m2 to a depth of 25mm
Application Rate Guidelines:
For soils that have low levels of organic matter content use the following as guidelines.
- Light sandy soils – a layer of 25-30mm deep should be mixed to your existing soil
- Heavy Clay Soils – a layer of 50 – 75 mm deep should be mixed to your existing soil