Fine Bark Mulch
This fine bark mulch from Summerhill Lawns is a premium grade mulch which provides the perfect finish and colour scheme for flowering beds and borders. Mulch also inhibits the growth of weeds, improves moisture retention and it can help you significantly reduce the amount of watering you need to do. Bark mulch also keeps the temperature of the soil more consistent and it helps improve the fertility of the soil.
Applying an 8-10mm layer of bark mulch will help in preventing weeds coming through, insulate the plants during winter and improve moisture retention in the summer.
Specifications of Summerhill Lawns Fine Bark Mulch are:
- Finely shredded and screened
- Safe to use
- Excellent finished appearance with a deep brown colour
- Peat free
- Available all year round
- Consistent high quality
- Easy to work with
Key Benefits of using Summerhill Lawns Fine Bark Mulch are:
- Provides an ideal backdrop against which the full colour and vigour of the plant can be seen
- A thick blanket of mulch will help inhibit weeds.
- The fine mix and particle size of the bark means it knits together to form a blanket over the soil surface which is not blown away, even on exposed sites.
- Increased microbial activity
- The mulch decays over time to provide a source of slow release nutrients to the soil and plant
- Reduces labour cost and time
- Insulate plant roots from frost